Tuesday 29 June 2010

Weekend

So much for training this weekend.

As mentioned I was knocking down a concrete shed, this turned out to be a much bigger project than I imagined. The building was solid, the rough made out of 1.5" plyboard , then bitumen on top, I couldn't get at it, to take apart. The only option I had was to cut it, but the thought of standing on it, while I cut it into several pieces didn't appeal. So I ended up knocking out the concrete walls, hard going with a heavy roof sat on top of them, and supporting the roof until I could let it, fall to the ground in a safe manner.

All day Saturday to take apart, then all day Sunday to clear away the concrete blocks, now in many pieces, and start to dig the area for the new building. So 2 full days, a huge amount of exertion , and I guess I have a similar level of work to get ready for the new one.

So sorry to say no walking......

This weekend I am attending a meeting in London, where we will hear more about the trip and meet our fellow trekkers, so quite looking forward to that, and once I hear how well trained they all are, I will no doubt go into hiding.

I did suggest to Rob that perhaps 10 days walking around London may be a better venue, but then I fear instead of raising 3,500 for charity, we would spend that instead.

I was in London Monday, so sorry for no blog, but did manage to get to the gym last night after I landed. I was surprised how busy it was, I guess more people prefer to train in an evening. That said, there did appear to be a lot of "posers" in there - who seemed to be spending more time making sure their spandex looked good, chatting to others, than actually doing any exercise :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment