Tuesday 22 June 2010

Cost Saving - Maybe Not

Currently I only have one working watch, which was a 40th birthday present and being a Raymond Veil, is not something I thought would be suitable for wearing while I hiked up Killimanjaro. So thinking all I need is a cheap watch that is waterproof, I will get one from ebay - I am bound to find a bargain!

Oh dear, my cheap watch is definitely cheap, at £1.49 plus postage. I wasn't expecting much, but the one I have received, is Chinese in origin, the instructions are for a completely different watch, and thus far I haven't even managed to set the time correctly on it. Let alone the fact that it looks hideous.

Ok the picture on the left is not the one I received, but there again, neither is the picture on ebay!

So any attempts at cost saving didn't go to plan, no doubt I need to go to Argos and find a simple cheap rubber strapped watch, which could be a good lesson to learn for the rest of my kit. If it can be bought cheaply, it probably is cheap!

So perhaps from now on I will stay away from ebay...........well at least as fars as buying my kit is concerned :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment