Wednesday 9 June 2010

Late nights and early mornings

So much for my expectations of being up for the gym today. Actually my flight from Paris landed earlier than scheduled, but then huge queues at passport control, and the closure of the M56 link motorway meant it was late when i got home.

Here is an annoying point, why did we spend all that money on specially chipped passports, then find that the E-Passport machine, that allow you to get into the country without having to queue with everyone else are always broken / closed. 6 lovely machines, all sat there, no doubt at huge expense, and not working !

Anyway 6 am start this morning felt ok, but once on the treadmill I just didn't have the energy. I lasted 25 minutes so 3 miles, but was sweating, sorry perspiring so much I had to give up. I then felt quite sick doing my weights, so as opposed to another cardio burst I just cooled down on the cross trainer for 15 minutes.

I am blaming the food in Paris. Supposedly the country of great food, well visit Charles De Gaulle airport, Terminal 2E - what absolute rubbish, I would have preferred American fast food than the stuff they were serving. There was supposedly a "Wok" option - yeh right, a girl who weighed, yes really weighed rice into a paper box, then put one level spoonful of some chicken mixture on top, stuck it in the microwave.......err this is French cooking !

Anyway I will put down my lack of energy from lack of proper food (hope I perform better on Friday)

So only three days to go until the holiday in Portugal - really looking forward to it, just need to find room for my running shoes and kit !

No comments:

Post a Comment