Monday 21 June 2010

Mosquito's



So I have returned from sunny Portugal, to find the UK just as sunny, if not quite as warm, however Sunday was warm enough to top my tan up.

So if I think about my holiday to try and draw some benefits for the challenge, I think it is probably loud buzzing things at night that come to mind. This was my third visit to the Algarve and each time I have come back with large bite marks from mosquito's. Usually it was just the bedroom where I had been bitten, so a plug in repellent use to do the trick, this year I seem to manage to get bit just about anytime. Ouch......, well actually not ouch, more itch, itch, itch........

An "older" tourist in the Algrave was explaining about the benefits of his electrical repellent, that emitted some sonic noise to keep them away. It turns out the females are the ones that bite, and this sonic repellent, emits the noise of a male mosquito which apparently females avoid like the plague!!!!!!!!

So considering the mosquito's will be at least twice as large on this challenge, at least on the initial two days, after that it gets too cold for them, I am thinking either I need to learn how to sound like a male mosquito, or splash out some cash on a sonic one......I was thinking ebay, but worrying this may end up attracting them instead............

So no walking to talk of, demolished one of the sheds on Sunday, then got distracted by our neighbours inviting us for a bbq, where I had to go, as this is one the rare occasions where Rob suddenly remembers he can cook, but shuffling a few sausage around on the grill...... actually Rob well done, it tasted great, perhaps if they run out of cooks up Killi you can take over !!!!!!!!!!

Back at the gym this morning, although 3 miles was far enough on the treadmill today......

No comments:

Post a Comment