Thursday 10 June 2010

Horse & Cart



So after a poor gym session yesterday, by lunch time I had the Scope police on my case. Actually that is a little unfair, Emma from Scope who is co-ordinating the event rang to check of my progress.

I am sure Emma is very concerned about my preparations, if I am doing enough training, if I have the right equipment, but naturally as a professional fund raiser, she was slightly more interested in my own fund raising attempts.

Any donation , sponsorship where you provide the money now, goes into a specific account at Scope against my record. As such they can keep track of how well you are progressing. Since Scope need to maximise the money they raise from these events, they set a target of £3,500 for every entrant, and you have to sign up to raising these funds as a minimum. So Emma was quite aware of how much I had also raised/received and was trying to inspire me to more fund raising activities.

I did say that I had been trying to balance fundraising with training, to which she said while training is important, there is no point in training if you haven't raised the funds, where as I said surely if I haven't trained, then no matter how many fund I have raised, I won't be able to complete the challenge, thus raise nothing - ah the old cart and horse syndrome.

Anyway after a pleasant chat about, the reason why I am doing this, how the weather in London was not great, I thought I had successfully convinced her everything was fine. It was at that point I mentioned that I did believe there were people out there who were just waiting to put their hand in there pockets and sponsor this great event,  she challenged me to reach out to those people and get them to donate now.

So please, please, please - to avoid any further Emma episodes, sounds like haemorrhoids therefore painful, if you have not as yet pledged your money please do so at:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/IanMetcalfe

No comments:

Post a Comment