Monday 11 October 2010

Final week and countdown.....


So the final week, and only a few days to go........


A busy weekend, Friday night I was back to cutting wood for the fire, Saturday morning I was on the roof re-pointing the coping stones, hoping that this will stop the two leaks in the roof we appear to have sprung. Then Saturday afternoon, aided by the Droyslden two I got into beer training at the Manchester Food Festival. This involved sampling several pints of Robinson's brewery different real ales......Ok not really the sort of training that is in the guide.

Sunday morning, I did finally get out and go for a 3 hour walk, the weather was quite good, but the wind was really blowing, the new Primaloft jacket managed to do it's stuff. Kept the wind out, me warm and comfortable. I carried 5 litres of water in my rucksack to simulate the weight....

Sunday afternoon was mowing the lawn, chopping up some pallets, my wood store is now full, finally fitting handle and lock to the new shed, then after a few more odd jobs and a shower collapsed on the sofa to watch the grand prix I had taped.

Finally managed to weigh my kit, thanks to Rob coming over with some scales. So currently it all weight about 16kg, ok I have one or two more things to go in, but I was pretty impressed with that.

This morning I stayed away from the weights, cross trained for an hour, with 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill at a very steep gradient.

So according to the final instructions I received , now I should be resting for the challenge ahead, so I will skip the gym for the rest of the week, and just do my final preparations.


No comments:

Post a Comment