Friday 15 October 2010

Day 1

Finally here.....

This is the first day, although this is really just getting to the airport, boarding the plane and hoping I haven't forgotten anything.


The day did not start well, as our lovely cat, pictured here looking serene and calm, decided to give me a going away present by striking out with her claws and leaving three lovely scratches on my hand.


So let us hope that they don't get infected.......
Last night I managed to get the main bag shut, although it seems to weigh a lot more than I imagined..... let's hope the scales were accurate and i have just gone weak.

I will leave Brother offices at around 12.00 and take Train to London Heathrow. I will be travelling with three friends from the same village where I live who are also taking this challenge.


We meet up with the other trekkers embarking on this challenge of various backgrounds.

Our flight leaves London Heathrow at 20.00, taking Kenyan Airway to Nairobi.

So more updates as the day progresses.

1 comment: