Tuesday 5 October 2010

10 Days to Go!

So now only 10 days to go..... and yes it is true that there is some concerns going around my head:

Have I trained enough, have I got all the right gear, will my bag weigh too much, will I get blisters, will I get altitude sickness.......

so with 10 days to go, there is not too much I can do about the training, definitely I need to go for one last decent hike on Sunday, I also have the last of my jabs on Thursday, and hopefully are given the anti Malaria tablets........

Gear wise I have checked, double checked, packed, unpacked... so I just now have a few minor things to buy and I am done.

I do now have a primaloft jacket which is magically warm and keeps me dry, but that is on the beach front in Southport, which is not quite the same as 6,000 metres up a mountain, but hey you can only test in the conditions given to you.

so training has been limited to gym sessions which isn't that useful, so I will try a walk one night this week, then as I say a long one at the weekend then I think that will be about it.......

So sorry for little blog activity, but I will keep them coming these final 10 days.......

1 comment:

  1. I always feel like this every time I face my next challenge...........managed so far, I just want to be there and getting started, DA.

    ReplyDelete