Wednesday 21 April 2010

Planes, Trains and Automobiles



My apologies to those avid readers out there, for a distinct lack of updates over the last two weeks. For those of you who weren't aware my trip to Japan was extended due to a lack of transport.

This little chap on the left was the cause of all the problems and has meant chaos for many.

You know up close this does look a lot like Killimanjaro !!!!!!

So what about my progress.

Nothing much to say on the training front unfortunately. I came with good intentions and brought my sports kit, but I have only managed one trip to the gym, and a 6K run around Nagoya. I am hoping I may manage one more run before the weekend when hopefully I will return.

For those who have not travelled on business to Japan, the day starts quite early. I have to be away from the hotel around 7.45, to squeeze into the subway, for a 45 minute trip to the office. We then work through the day, usually until around 6.30, where we depart for dinner directly from the office. Dinner can finish anywhere from 9.00 to 11.00 where you return to hotel. This time is perfect for receiving many emails from Europe!, so usually a couple of hours on email follows. The whole thing starts again the next day..

The picture on the right is actually from Tokyo, but honestly from Nagoya station, the nearest to the hotel I am staying at, this is actually happening, and I end up like a sardine in a tin, thankfully not the one with tomato sauce in it, or oil!.

On the sponsorship front things have really picked up with 3 good donations during the last week. My total is now up to just over £3,000, so let's push harder and set the limit higher to really make this a worthwhile trip.

I will be back sooner than last time......

No comments:

Post a Comment