Tuesday 6 April 2010

Monks Road

Easter has been and gone, and thankfully I managed to tick off some of the tasks that I planned, although the weather, and in some cases my inclination did put a stop to some of the gardening.



In terms of preparation / training, I did go to the gym on Good Friday, 30 minute run, some cross training, and this time with the cross trainer set at maximum hill. Sunday was just a short walk, nothing too strenuous but on Monday I walked to the summit of Monks road. This is a decent all up hill walk, too about an hour to get to the summit, and about 3/4 to come back down.

Having removed my boots, I now know I need to get some proper liner socks, as my feet had sweat a little, YUCK sorry, and resulted in a small blister.

Good news on the fund raising as some over seas donations from Japan have been promised which will help move the total on.

Next week I am in Japan which will challenge my ability to train and walk, so will probably try and do a walk this week, and get to the gym 3 times (one down, went this morning).

p.s. for those who have not donated yet, I will be turning my attention to you soon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment