Thursday 22 April 2010

Nagoya Japan

I am bow hopeful that my return to Manchester will be tomorrow, so slightly off topic, I thought I would update you on a bit about where I am.

This is the Nagoya station, but also the tower on the left is my current home, the Marriot Hotel. It has 52 floors, with a very nice bar at the top. In the tower on the right is the gym, pool and Japanese bath facilities that I used on Saturday. Strange to be on a treadmill looking down 50 floors!

Using the gym is expensive however, and does not open until 7.30 which is too late for morning use, it also closed at 9.00 which is usually the time I get back from office and dinner.

Marriot is a modern hotel, more European that Japanese style, and very comfortable place to stay.

Since it is locate above the Nagoya train station, there is a direct train service to CentralAir Japan, the airport I use to get to Japan.

I did go running, well ok jogging in Nagoya but as you can imagine from the picture above, note the hotel is in the middle, it isn't exactly the greatest place to go running. Mainly just running on the pavement from one block to another, having to stop at lights. Yes even at 6 am it is not polite to cross a road when the light is on red.

The food however is very good, with everything on your meal having some healthy benefit. The one exception being the alcohol, which I had to admit I have consumed every night, and had definitely resulted in an increase in my weight. I fear the next two weeks of training are going to be hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment