Tuesday 23 February 2010

Sponsorship

Raising £3,500 didn't sound so difficult to me, in fact of all the challenges that will be presented, the money raising side of things I didn't really give too much thought to. Firstly I expected that my company would dig deep into its pockets, as part of our CSR actitivty and help me most of the way. I then thought I would be able to tap into some of the companies I regularly do business with, and encourage them to sponsor me.

So last night I started my campaign, wrote out standard letter and contacted the 5 companies with whom I do business with. It was at this stage suddenly the amount sounded a lot more than I had thought. I am hoping not only to meet the minimum of £3,500 put push on to £5,000 if possible.

This morning I have two out of office emails, 1 email to say they would need to find out what was involved from their company point of view but one positive who not only would try and organise something, but also wanted to know if they could personally sponsor. So a good result, then suddenly my first money, a cool £150 from one person.

So my sponsorship tally is off to a good start, now I need to organise my on line campaign so that I can really get the total moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment